Pages

Tuesday, 20 July 2010

Free MAC! Thanks Back 2 MAC :)

Of course all of that depotting means lots of B2M!

©http://elephantjuice-allmadeup.blogspot.comI’m really not a lipstick person, I feel much more comfortable with balms and glosses. I have quite pigmented lips, so I don’t feel too naked without any colour on them as long as they’re moisturised. Still, if there’s free make-up going, I’m there.

When I toddled off the my MAC counter with my 6 empties, I had visions of walking away with Pink Nouveau, or Creme Cup or some soft bubblegum pink colour, but after hearing that I wasn’t a big lipstick person the lovely make-up artist suggested I look at the Slimshine Lipsticks. There wasn’t a huge selection, but I picked out Gentle Simmer and I think this might be an excellent “trainer lipstick”.

©http://elephantjuice-allmadeup.blogspot.com

I can’t find these on the MAC website so I assume these are discontinued and they’re just phasing them out at counters, which is a shame because this is a lovely product. It would also explain the pretty poor colour selection at my counter. It gives a pretty sheer glossy wash of colour, and almost feels like a solid gloss but not as thick. You don’t get a whole lot of product compared to the normal line of lipsticks, but the packaging is just so elegant. Plus, I think these could be an excellent segue into the grown up world of lipsticks for me!

©http://elephantjuice-allmadeup.blogspot.com

©http://elephantjuice-allmadeup.blogspot.com

Bare lips on the left, Gentle Simmer on the right. Clearly it doesn’t give a whole lot of colour, unless maybe you have paler lips than I do, but it does add a lovely moisturising gloss. Personally, I like that it’s not intensely pigmented as it means that I can reapply this without the need for a a mirror.

This is not my first lipstick, but it is definitely the first I’ve ever brought home that I actually like using. I’m so sad that they’re discontinued!  I think I might have to pop back and pick up a few more of them before they disappear forever.

5 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention lipstick vs gloss today because that's what my post today is about! I like the colour on you, it's pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Café Bellini

    Thanks, great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo that's pretty!
    I might look out these - I love how they just give a gentle wash of colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this too but mine is a darker red. i super love mine!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I like the shade! it look very nice on you, girlie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete