Pages

Sunday, 8 August 2010

Hum ho NOTD

©http://elephantjuice-allmadeup.blogspot.com

My nails are naked right now, but this is what they were wearing until yesterday!

After the craziness of my last konad, I wanted something a little more subtle. To be honest, I was a little meh about this at first, but longer I wore it, the more it grew on me! It’s a bit of a mess, but that’s what happens when you do your nails at 11pm in bad lighting.

The base is e.l.f. Desert Sand nail polish, and I am loving this colour! It’s a rather elegant nude beige, and is a bargainous £1.50! The quality is pretty ok. It’s a little thick on application, but that’s nothing a little thinner won’t sort out, but it did only last about 4-5 days before huge chunks chipped off on the left hand. Although in all fairness my nails do get quite a bashing at work.

I used the konad m57 plate and a black polish to stamp one of the lace designs across the base of the nail, and I really like the contrast of the dark lace against the pale base colour. It’s quite simple, but I like it.

In other nail news, I’m seriously lemming the new Estee Lauder Surreal Violet nail polish. Hopefully I’ll get my grubby little mitts on this soon :)

7 comments:

  1. wow! gorgeous. I love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks gorgeous! I'm putting the elf nail varnish on my wishlist. I think i've had enough of bright nails now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Café Bellini

    I'm quite pleasantly surprised by the elf polishes, they're pretty good for the price they are! I keep alternating brights/darks and nudes at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your new follower. Really like your blog! Maybe you could check out mine sometime: www.melaniesnailpolish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG you did your nails yourself? god job! I'm not one for nude shades but the black bits on this totally make it work for me...how did you do that? so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love subtle konad manicures! It's very delicate.

    I follow your blog now for a pretty long time and maybe you followed mine on Melaniesnailpolish (The Color Palette), but I moved to a new blog that fits my ideas. Maybe you would like to take a look at www.thecolorpaletteblog.blogspot.com
    Maybe I see you there :)

    ReplyDelete